Ambrian believes that sustainable development makes a net positive contribution to society and to nature
We are committed to identify and mitigate our operations’ negative impact on the natural environment, integrating this consideration into our management systems and day-to-day operations. We strive to meet the expectations and requirements of all our stakeholders through monitoring and managing environmental performance using effective environmental management systems.
We are committed to continuous improvement in all areas of reducing and mitigating the environmental footprint of our operations meaning that we:
- Expect clear accountability from our management for environmental performance;
- Consider the environmental legislation to be the minimum standard and that other requirements that meet or surpasses the requirements for regulatory compliance will be implemented to target best industry practice.
We will achieve this by:
- Managing natural resources through implementing effective emission, waste and energy management principles and cleaner technology alternatives throughout our operations;
- Providing a customised framework for setting and reviewing environmental objectives and targets based on identification of significant environmental impacts;
- Effective and transparent communication with our stakeholders;
- Building capacity among our stakeholders to identify, report and act upon opportunities to minimise environmental impacts.
Maintaining a dialogue with the communities in which we operate is a key element of our operations. We respect the cultural heritage, customs, interests and rights of the communities with whom we interact.
We believe that our operations have a positive impact on the host communities in which we operate. Around 90% of our employees have been recruited from local communities. In addition to making a significant contribution to the local economy through the payment of wages and taxes, our operations also support secondary employment through our local procurement practices.
To secure broad-based support for our activities, we work closely with the communities surrounding our operations so we can maximise the positive impacts of our activities, and avoid or minimise any potential negative effects.
Our engagement with the host communities in which we operate includes:
- Consultations with local people and government representatives to ensure their concerns are understood and, where possible, addressed;
- Community development programmes to promote growth.
The safety of our people is our number one priority and we will strive to create a workplace that is free from injuries and occupational diseases. We expect our people to follow health and safety instructions and to take responsibility for their own and their colleagues’ safety.
We are committed to continuous improvement in all areas of health and safety management meaning that we:
- Expect management to be accountable for health and safety performance;
- Aim to instill a positive safety culture in which everyone fully integrates our safety values into their working lives;
- Expect all our people, including contractors and suppliers, to adopt safe working practices;
- Encourage the reporting of conditions that endanger people’s own or others’ health and safety;
- Consider legal compliance to be the minimum standard.
We will achieve these by:
- Implementing safety and health management systems using a risk based approach;
- Informing and appropriately training all employees and contractors on safety and health matters;
- Responding effectively to safety and health emergencies involving our actives and products;
- As far as reasonably practicable, providing appropriate resources required to implement our safety and health targets;
- Ensure that the health and safety policy and management systems are regularly reviewed and improved.